সোমবার, ১২ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৮

Bond signed by Sandipan Chattopadhyay in Hungry Generation case. He had become a Police witness against the movement.

My name is Sandipan Chattopadhyay ( 30 ) son of U.N.Chatterjee of 15 Sarada Chatterjee Lane, Howrah.
I am a graduate of Calcutta University and employed as an Assistant Inspector, Calcutta Corporation. I am also a writer and used to visit the College Street Coffee House where young writers of Calcutta generally assembled in the evening. Samir Roychoudhury is a personal friend of mine. I came to know the sponsors of Hungry Generation, namely Shakti Chatterjee, Malay Roychoudhury and others. Although I am not directly connected with the Hungry Generation but I was interested in the literary movement. Some of the manifesto of the Hungry Generation contain advertisement of my literary works. In one of the publication my name was cited as publisher. This was probably done with a motive to exploit my reputation as a writer but since my prior consent was not taken I took exception. The present publication in question also came to my notice. As a poet myself I do not approve either the theme or the language of the poem of Malay Roychoudhury captioned "প্রচণ্ড বৈদ্যুতিক ছুতার". I have severed all connections with Hungry Generation. I had correspondence  with Malay Roychoudhury who often sought my advise literary matters.
                                                       Sandipan Chattopadhyay
                                                       15th March 1965
( Note the date of this declaration. Almost one year after the arrest of five Hungryalists and just before Malay Roychoudhury was charge sheeted by Calcutta Police. Sandipan Chattopadhyay has shifted his position from time to time. In the anthology edited by Adil Jussawala he had claimed that he was one of the originators of the movement. In an interview to Sumitava Ghoshal he had claimed in 1986 that he was very much a part of Hungry Generation. In a letter to Debi Roy he had suggested that a symbol be devised for the Hungryalist movement. ) 
                                             

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন