শনিবার, ১৭ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৮

Bond signed by Subhas Ghosh in the Hungry Generation Court case against Malay Roychoudhury

My name is Subhas Ghosh ( 27 ) son of Late Sarat Chandra Ghosh of 16B Shyamacharan Mukherjee Street, Calcutta - 2 and village Sekherpola, P.S. Bagura. PO Bhawaniganj, Dist Bagura, East Pakistan.
I live in one of the ground floor rooms of 16B Shyamacharan Mukherjee Street, Calcutta - 2 with Saileswar Ghosh, a distant relation of mine. The landlord Amulya Dey who lives in the sdame premises takes a monthly rent of Rs. 42/- plus Rs. 2/- as electric consumption charges. Myself and Saileswar have been living in the said room for the last two years. 
In 1949 or 1950 I migrated to Balurghat from Bagura and put up with Mrinal Kanti Ghosh, my cousin who was a buisenessman there. At Balurghat I was admitted at Balurghat High School in Clacc VIII and in 1953 I passed the School Final Examination from the aforesaid High School and also passed ISc Examination from Balurghat College in the year 1955. I used to get all my expenditure from my father and especially from my elder brother Atul Chandra Ghosh who was employee of a sugar mill in Darbhanga. I also used to earn money by private tution.
In 1955 I came down to Calcutta and joined Vidyasagar College in B Sc course and lodged at Vidyasagar hostel on Cornwallis Street, Calcutta.
In 1957 I passed B Sc Examination. Afterwards in 1958I joined City College, Calcutta for BA course and continued my study for about a year. I discontinued to be a student of the same college for personal reasons but appeared as a private candidate and passed BA in 1960. In the same year I passed Certificate course of Librarianship from Bengal Library Association in Hazuri Mall Lane ( Muchipara Police Station Jurisdiction ) and in 1961 joined Calcutta University for a Diploma in Librarianship course and came out successfully in the year 1962. I joined in Hooghly institute of Technology as Librarian in said institution on a monthly pay of Rs. 188/- where I served about a year and resigned in 1963 and went to Balurghat to see my ailing father where he died. In November or December 1963 I came down to Calcutta and gave interview and got an appointment in Degree College of Ceramic Technology, Government of West Bengal at Ballygunge as Librarian, sometime in July 1964. For the last one year I visit Coffee House at College Square at times, where I met Malay Roychoudhury, who requested me to give an article. He gave me to understand that he was a writer. I know that Hungry Generation is in circulation, but I do not know the motto of publishing Hungry Generation. Thereafter I gave him an article written by me which was published in Hungry Generation, which was shown to me by Saileswar Ghosh, my room mate who got a packet of publication of Hungry Generation. I also met Pradip Choudhuri, Subo Acharjee, Basudeb Dasgupta, Utpalkumar Basu, Sandipan Chattopadhyay and others at the said Coffee House during 1964.
I never liked to be associated with such type of magazine which in my opinion is bad, and never thought that my article captioned "Hanseder Proti" would have been published in such a magazine. I do not believe in the motto of Hungry Generation and have cut off every relation with it after the publication of my article.
I have no intention to write any obscene article which I had not before also
Subhas Ghosh
2nd September 1964

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন