সোমবার, ১২ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৮

Statement of Pradip Choudhuri alias Shanti in the Hungry Generation Court case

My name is Pradip Choudhuri alias Shanti ( 23 ) son of Sri Promode Choudhuri of Kalai, Tripura, oroginally from Coomilla, East Pakistan.
I am appearing at M.A. ( English ) examination from Jadavpur University, this year as a casual student. I came in contact with this publication known as Hungry Generation sometime in 1963 while I was a student of Visva Bharati University. I had contributed one of my poem entitled "বাবা আমার বর্বরতা" in the said booklet. I also sent a poem to Debi Roy entitled "সাময়ীকতা" to Debi Roy taking him as editor of the magazine as was published in a previous issue of Hungry Generation later on when the paper was running high controversy among public. I enquired from Shakti Chatterjee about the motto of Hungry Generation movement, who was one of the editors. From the very beginning my outlook was philosophical.  I considered Hungry Generation movement as an aesthetic movement, and accordingly, I even placed it at the Philosophical Congress of Shantiniketan. About the booklet in question I have only to confess that on some day of April 1963 Saileswar Ghose and Subhas Ghose came to Pantha Nivas, where I used to reside, and they told me that another booklet was going to be published under the patronage of Malay Roychoudhury, Subo Acharjee and others who contributed to the booklet in question. I myself also felt some interest as one of my poems was going to be published. Saileswar and Subhas who were trying to get the booklet published even before my coming to Calcutta, but in vain. They told me whether I could solve the matter. Accordingly I introduced them to Dhananjay Samanta Mohendra Press at 58 Kailash Bose Street whom I knew earlier as I published a booklet entitled "স্বকাল" from them. Dhananjay Samanta agreed to our proposal of printing 300 copies of Hungry Generation, a Bengali booklet, and duly received the manuscript from us with advance payment. I saw the proof along with Saileswar and Subhas in the press. I can not say who actually gave the cost of printing for the booklet. It is a fact that I took delivery of those books from the press and kept at Pantha Nivas Hotel, and we took some copies and kept at Pantha Nivas Hotel where I used to reside. In the evening of the date of delivery Saileswar and Subhas came to my Hotel and we took some copies  and went to Coffee House where we distributed free of cost few copies to the members present over there. I sent a copy to Samir Roychoudhury at his Chaibasa address forthwith. I left Calcutta in July 1964. I know the handwriting of Malay Roychoudhury.
                                                          Pradip Choudhuri
                                                            13 March 1965
( Since Pradip Choudhuri had stated the correct facts, the owner of the Press was not arrested. Pradip Choudhuri was arrested in Tripura and brought to Calcutta by air. But he did not intricate Malay Roychoudhury with false allegations like Saileswar Ghose, Subhas Ghose, Shakti Chattopadhyay and Sandipan Chattopadhyay, that is why he was released immediately. The sole aim of the Calcutta Establishment was to send Malay Roychoudury to jail. Unfortunately the Establishment was defeated in calcutta High court. Saileswar and Subhas disassociated with Malay Roychoudhury  thereafter. )
                                   

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন